A fire at your business premises can seriously affect your growth and jeopardise your future plans. Employing us takes the stress out of dealing with your insurance claim and ensures you get the best possible settlement as quickly as possible, enabling you and your staff to concentrate on rebuilding your business.
What happens when you claim
Once you have notified your insurers, they will appoint loss adjusters to act on their behalf. The adjusters are not independent: their aim is to minimise the insurance company’s exposure, and they will dispute liability if they feel you have not adhered to the conditions within your policy. They may argue that you are not adequately insured, drawing on the under-insurance clause to reduce the compensation available. Your insurers could also appoint a forensic scientist to compile an investigation supporting these findings. Like the adjusters, they are not an independent party but are working for the insurance company.
Why use us
Unlike other parties involved in the claim, we operate solely in your interest, making sure you’re in charge of the way your business is dealt with. We draw on the unparalleled experience of our in-house team, who specialise in dealing with commercial fire damage, to address every aspect of your claim, from investigating the state of the building to overseeing repairs. Our chartered loss assessors handle your material losses, including stock and contents, while our chartered surveyors quantify damage to the building. Our chartered accountants bring their expertise to your business interruption claim, making a real difference to your outcome.
What we do for you
- Organise emergency works to secure your property and protect it from further damage.
- Prepare, present and negotiate your whole claim, including all issues concerning the building, contents and business interruption.
- Co-ordinate your insurer and their loss adjusters to make sure you get the settlement that you are entitled to, whether that’s reinstatement or cash. We think outside the box and give you all the options.
- Scrutinise your policy wording, and advise you on any issues relating to compliance with warranties and conditions that may affect liability.
- Get insurers to accept liability as quickly as possible, so that we can generate immediate interim payments to help you maintain your cash flow.
- Make sure you get the most out of your business interruption cover, by advising on items that adjusters might not point out, such as retrospective discounting and promotional activity.
- Demonstrate the economic validity of ‘increased costs of working’ coverage.
- Identify the full extent of the damage, including that beyond the visible part. The effects of heat, smoke and water are often worse than those caused by flames, leaving you with long term problems if not treated correctly.
- Help you choose and appoint specialist surveyors if external assistance is needed, avoiding the insurance companies’ supply chains, which might not operate in your best interests. We supervise these parties through to the conclusion of the project, making sure everything is included and there are no surprises.
- Ensure that disaster cleaning companies do a safe and thorough job to give you peace of mind when the claim is finished.
Get in touch
To find out more about what we can do for you, contact us now for a free consultation. Send us an email with your name, preferred contact details and basic information about your case, or call our 24/7 helpline on 0844 544 1699.