Even minor floods can cause serious damage, setting your business back and leaving you with the complex task of claiming from your insurers. Harris Balcombe put your interests first, negotiating with loss adjusters to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. We manage contractors and arrange high quality clean-up services, bringing you a fair deal and the chance to rebuild for the future.
What happens when you claim
When you submit a claim, your insurers will appoint a firm of loss adjusters to represent their interests. This is not an independent party: they work on behalf of the insurance company to make sure they pay out as little as possible. They will check that you have complied with your policy conditions, and that you are adequately insured. If they believe that you have broken the terms, they will try to repudiate your claim, and they may use the under-insurance clause to minimise the amount of compensation you receive. Your insurers could also appoint a forensic scientist to investigate the cause and show how it could negate the policy. Like the loss adjuster, they are not independent, and are employed by the insurance company.
Why use us
We take control of the situation so that your insurers can’t dictate how your business is dealt with. Unlike other insurance claim consultants, we have an in-house team of experts with a broad range of skills and unrivalled experience in managing commercial flood damage, whose priority is getting you the best possible outcome. Our chartered loss assessors will handle your stock, contents and other material losses, while our chartered surveyors quantify the impact on the building itself. Our chartered accountants put together your business interruption claim, so you can get concentrate on getting back to normal while knowing you have the best team acting for you.
What we do for you
- Organise emergency works to secure your property and protect it from further damage.
- Prepare, present and negotiate your whole claim, including all issues concerning the building, contents and business interruption.
- Co-ordinate your insurer and their loss adjusters, making sure you get the settlement that you are entitled to, whether that’s reinstatement or cash. We think outside the box and present you with all the possible options.
- Scrutinise your policy wording and advise you on any issues which may arise in relation to compliance with warranties and conditions that affect liability.
- Make sure your insurers accept liability as quickly as possible, enabling us to generate interim payments that help maintain your cash flow.
- Ensure you get the most out of your business interruption cover by identifying items that adjusters might not point out, such as retrospective discounting and promotional activity.
- Demonstrate the economic validity of ‘increased costs of working’ coverage.
- Identify the full extent of the damage, including that beyond the visible part. Our team investigate the source of the water, possible contaminations, and how far it has spread, saving you from long-term problems.
- Help you choose and appoint specialist surveyors when external assistance is needed, avoiding the insurance companies’ supply chains, as these may not operate in your best interests. We supervise these parties through to the conclusion of the project, making sure everything is included and there are no surprises.
- Ensure that disaster cleaning companies do a safe and thorough job to give you peace of mind when the claim is finished.
Get in touch
To find out more about what we can do for you, contact us now for a free consultation. Send us an email with your name, preferred contact details and basic information about your case, or call our 24/7 helpline on 0844 544 1699.