Storms can have a severe impact on your business, leaving you to rethink your plans even as you try to recover your losses from insurers. We take on the hassle of negotiating with insurance companies, providing a comprehensive investigation into the damage, overseeing repairs, and making sure you get the best deal.
What happens when you claim
Your insurance company will appoint a firm of loss adjusters to represent their interests in the claim. This party’s aim is to reduce the amount the insurer pays you by checking that you have complied with the policy wording, and that you have adequate insurance. The adjusters are not independent, working solely for the benefit of your insurers, and may try to dispute liability if you have broken any of the conditions on your policy, or draw on the under-insurance clause to minimise how much you receive.
Why use us
We stop insurers from controlling your claim, negotiating with them on your behalf to make sure you get the best possible outcome. We have a long history of dealing with business storm damage, and one of the most qualified teams in the country. Our chartered loss assessors quantify your stock, contents and other material losses, and our chartered surveyors investigate building damage, overseeing works as part of the collective effort to bring you high quality results. Our chartered accountants compile your business interruption claim, making sure you get everything you’re entitled to, so you can return to normal as soon as possible.
What we do for you
- Organise emergency works to secure your property and protect it from further damage.
- Prepare, present and negotiate your whole claim, including all issues surrounding the building, contents and business interruption.
- Co-ordinate your insurer and their loss adjusters to make sure you get the settlement you’re entitled to, whether that’s reinstatement or cash.
- Scrutinise your policy wording, and advise you on any issues relating to compliance with warranties and conditions that may affect liability.
- Get insurers to accept liability as soon as possible, so you can start receiving interim payments to help you maintain your cash flow.
- Make sure you get the most out of your business interruption cover by highlighting items that adjusters might overlook, such as retrospective discounting and promotional activity.
- Demonstrate the economic validity of ‘increased costs of working’ coverage.
- Identify and address the full extent of the damage. Storms can cause structural problems that need to be examined and handled by experts. Our in-house chartered surveyors carry out a thorough investigation, saving you from long-term issues that could affect the building in the future.
- Help you choose and appoint specialist surveyors where external assistance is needed. We avoid the insurance companies’ supply chains, which may not operate in your best interests. We supervise these parties throughout the entire project, making sure everything is included and there are no surprises.
- Ensure that disaster cleaning companies do a safe and thorough job to give you peace of mind when the claim is finished.
Get in touch
To find out more about what we can do for you, contact us now for a free consultation. Send us an email with your name, preferred contact details and basic information about your case, or call our 24/7 helpline on 0844 544 1699.