Whether it’s caused by a burst pipe, external source or a sewage problem, a flood in your home can cause long-lasting damage, leaving you with months of clean-up and disruption. The Harris Balcombe team negotiate with insurers on your behalf, co-ordinating cleaning companies, adjusters and contractors so you can get back to normal as soon as possible.
Why use us
We make sure the insurance company does not dictate how your home is dealt with. Our specialist team will prepare the claim and oversee the entire project, including supervising the works to your property. We handle all meetings and correspondence, speeding up the process and ensuring that you get exactly what you are entitled to. Our team support and advise you every step of the way, and are always available to answer your questions.
What we do for you
- Organise emergency works, including pumping out water, to secure your property and protect it from further damage.
- Prepare, present and negotiate your whole claim, including issues concerning the building, contents and alternative accommodation.
- Co-ordinate your insurer and their loss adjusters, and make sure you get the settlement that you are entitled to, be it reinstatement or cash.
- Identify the full impact of the flooding beyond the visible. Our team are experts at dealing with household flood damage, investigating where the water has come from, the possibility of contamination, and how far it has spread, saving you from potential long-term problems.
- Help you choose and appoint specialist surveyors and contractors, avoiding the insurance companies’ supply chains, and supervise them through to the conclusion of the project, making sure everything is included and there are no surprises.
- Arrange appropriate like-for-like alternative accommodation for you and your family.
- Ensure that disaster cleaning companies have done a safe and thorough job to give you peace of mind when the claim is finished.
Get in touch
To find out more about what we can do for you, contact us now for a free consultation. Send us an email with your name, preferred contact details and basic information about your case, or call our 24/7 helpline on 0844 544 1699.