< BACK
IMG_1191

HB Appointed to Grade II Listed Mansion Fire

The BBC reported that a Grade II-listed building has been ravaged by a fire.

Crews were called to Kelsale Hall, a 19th Century manor house near Saxmundham, Suffolk, at 17:45 GMT on Wednesday.

It is thought the blaze started in a tumble dryer and spread through the house, destroying most of the building.

The property was occupied at the time but those inside managed to escape and there were no reports of any injuries, the fire service said.

Thirty-five response vehicles and 80 firefighters were called out to deal with the fire at its height.

Ian Bowell from Suffolk Fire and Rescue said: “Whilst I say it was a tumble dryer, I think we should allow the investigation to completely exhaust all other options.

“But early indications yes, it was a tumble dryer seen to be alight.

 

Firefighters used water from a nearby pond and a hydrant supply on the A12 to tackle the flames.

Updates to follow as the claim progresses….

 

Share

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email

WordPress Lightbox Plugin