• Shipley Christmas Floods – Harris Balcombe’s Comprehensive Response

    The Incident For the residents of Shipley, West Yorkshire the Christmas of 2015 was unexpectedly and devastatingly cut short. Boxing Day saw torrential rain and biblical flooding to hundreds of residential properties in the area. In one instance Harris Balcombe represented four families on one single street. Offering a full and bespoke service from day MORE >

  • Escape of Water, Irlam, Manchester

    The Incident A burst pipe had caused considerable water damage throughout this Irlam property and having never made a claim of this nature before, the family were confused and apprehensive about the process. The first encounter with their insurance company was in the form of their appointed Loss Adjuster. The Challenge From the outset the MORE >

  • The Glasgow School of Art

    During May 2014, a fire affected the west wing of the famous Mackintosh building just ahead of annual Degree Show. Unfortunately the famous Mackintosh library was lost, along with its furniture and part of the GSA’s rare book collection.

  • Burst Pipe in Pinner

    Patrick and Kate Wallace own a property in North West London. While the couple were on holiday in Spain over New Year 2014/15, they received a call from their neighbour to advise that water was running down the back of their house. The cause of the flood was due to a leak from a tank MORE >

  • House Fire in Leeds

    Our client suffered fire and smoke damage to the ground floor of their property following a kitchen house fire. The family were awoken during the night by their smoke alarm which alerted them to the danger and evacuated immediately. When Harris Balcombe were appointed we took over the claim by liaising with insurers and arranging for MORE >

  • Mainetti

    The reprocessing part of the Mainetti factory was completely destroyed by fire.

  • Hazel Products

    Location Leeds The Incident On 21st April 2014, their main warehouse and production facility suffered significant damage when a fire broke out in adjacent premises, spreading to Hazel’s property following an explosion caused when acetylene cylinders ignited. Our Response Hazel immediately appointed us to handle the insurance claim on their behalf and as is often MORE >

  • Giftpoint

    The Incident In early December 2014 a catastrophic fire destroyed part of and severely damaged most of the remainder of an industrial estate in Staines. The problems of the fire damage to the estate were further exacerbated by the discovery of asbestos in the building construction and the fire burning for some days before being MORE >

  • Mono-Poly Print

    The fire started in the early hours of Sunday 10th February 2013, when the machinery overheated.

  • Souter’s Inn

    Fire broke out on the 18th April 2012 in Souter Johnnie’s Inn in Kirkoswald, Ayrshire.

  • major fire at eastbourne pier

    Eastbourne Pier

    The Incident We were very proud to be appointed to act on behalf of the owners of Eastbourne Pier following the major fire that sadly took hold of the main arcade building. The roof of the pier, built in the East Sussex seaside town in the 1870s, was completely destroyed, leaving only a metal skeleton. Our Response Having MORE >

  • Golf Club

    In May 2013, a prestigious golf/hotel complex caught fire after a cigarette butt was blown between the patio and the timber building.

  • Yang Sing Restaurant

    A fire broke out in the early hours of the 30th July 2012 in the famous Chinese restaurant, almost 15 years after a serious blaze had devastated the building.

  • Ramgarhia Sikh Gurdwara, Leicester

    The Incident This was a case where the building was struck by lightning during the fierce storms that ravaged the country during the early part of 2014. What made this more incredible is that at the time of the strike there were a group of ladies in the main prayer room close to the Palki. MORE >

  • Hurricane Tomas

    Hurricane Tomas ripped through St Lucia on the 30th October 2010, with 75mph winds causing total devastation.

  • Flood sign image for preventing flood damage post

    Vertella Ltd

    Over the last 23 years Vertella has grown into one of the North of England’s leading suppliers of catering disposables, paper hygiene, glassware and crockery, food packaging, chemical and janitorial products. The company has also continued to expand its separate division of the Vertella Group, which specialises in bespoke printed carrier bag products and retail MORE >

  • Blackett Close Flood

    The Incident During the catastrophic floods of January 2014, houses along Blackett Close were subject to severe water damage, forcing homeowners to move out of their houses while trying to deal with their insurers. The situation was made worse by the sheer volumes of claims, which left insurance companies, surveyors and contractors unable to respond MORE >

  • Mapco

    Mapco Group are Scotland’s leading dehydration and surplus food management business, supplying fish products globally.

  • Weston-super-mare Pier

    The historic pier had just been refurbished by new owners when it was devastated by fire in July 2008.

  • Watton Produce

    The fire broke out on the 24th April 2010, causing significant damage to several units in a series of interconnected steel portal framed buildings.

  • Red Fort Restaurant

    A fire in an adjacent premises in July 2009 led to extensive water damage, affecting the ground and first floor contents and the tenant’s accommodation. Trading ceased immediately, and the property was unusable for nine months.

  • James Hargreaves (Plumbers Merchants)

    The Incident A  heavy and very localised cloud burst  occurred in early August 14  over a specific area in Halifax. Two units owned by the James Hargreaves Group were affected. The company have over 45 units in the north of the UK  specialising in plumbing and heating trade counters, bathroom showrooms and Renewable Energy Our Response Harris Balcombe were MORE >

  • Ruxley Manor Garden Centre

    The fire occurred in April 2009, and caused significant damage to the structure.

  • St Andrews Medical Practice

    On the 6th March 2010, a fire at the practice gutted the building and destroyed thousands of records.

  • Benkert Group

    The fire broke out on 10th November 2010, and took four days and the work of over 100 firefighters to completely put out.

  • Main Parade

    In summer 2012, a serious fire broke out in a flat above a newsagents on the main parade in Chorleywood, Hertfordshire.

  • House Fire in Huyton, Liverpool

    Incident: On the 7th July 2014 an electrical fault caused a  serious fire in the dining room of a property in Huyton Liverpool. Thankfully the young family which rented the house managed to escape the blaze but the property was severely damaged by fire and smoke and would cost over £40,000 to repair. Due to MORE >

  • The Bristol Fryer

    The fish and chip shop caught fire on the 18th June 2013, when the clients accidentally left a pan on the heat.

  • House Fire in Nottingham

    Incident: On the 19th August 2014 a serious fire started in a family MPV which was parked on the driveway of a domestic property. The vehicle had been converted to LPG and this fuelled the intense fire which then spread through the garage and into the property. It took several fire appliances over 3 hours MORE >

  • Christian International Ministries Church

    Fire broke out on the 6th November 2008, destroying all the contents and later leading to the demolition of the building itself.

  • Leicester Fire

    Our clients were bundled out of their property with their two small children on a Sunday evening and stood outside as their adjoining neighbours property was burning through the roof. The family stood and watched as the thick black smoke enveloped their house as well as pouring through the windows. The fire brigade then ran MORE >

  • Huddersfield Fire Claim

    Our client was away when the property was broken into and arsonists started a fire. As the fire raged it caused substantial damage to the floor and ceiling in the living room as well as extensive smoke damage throughout the property. When Harris Balcombe were appointed they immediately assisted the policy holder in appointing surveyors MORE >

WordPress Lightbox Plugin