What to do if you have a complaint
Our aim is to provide a first class service, however, if you wish to register a complaint, please contact us by writing to Jonathan Samuelson, Harris Balcombe LLP, Unit 5, Capital Business Park, Manor Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1GW or, by phone on 0208 959 4646 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On receipt of your complaint, or on request, we will provide you with a copy of our full complaints procedure (as below) and respond to you promptly. We will keep you informed of the progress of your complaint and aim to make a final response to you within 8 weeks, or keep you informed as to why this is not possible. In the event that your complaint relates to activities or services provided by another party, we will ensure that your complaint is appropriately forwarded in writing and will track the progress of the complaint and responses of that party. After our final response has ben issued, if you still cannot settle your complaint with us, Consumers and Small business customers may refer to the Financial Ombudsman Service, for an independent assessment and opinion.
The FOS’s address is :
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London E14 9SR
By phone: 0800 023 4567 (free for people phoning from a “fixed line” (for example, a landline at home) or 0300 123 9123 (free for mobile-phone users paying monthly charge for calls to No’s starting 01 or 02).
An Eligible Complainant is defined as:
- Any private individual
- Any business with a turnover of less than £6.5 million and less than 50 staff or has a balance sheet total or less than £5 million.
- A charity which has an annual income of less than £6.5 million
- A trustee of a trust which has a net asset value of less than £5 million
- An individual who has given a guarantee or security in respect of an obligation or liability of a small business
Please note if you wish to refer a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, you must do so within six months of receiving our final response.
HB Complaints Procedure
- On receipt of a complaint an acknowledgement of the complaint will be sent to the complainant within five days.
- Thereafter the files dealing with the matter about which the complaint has been made will be obtained and reviewed by Jonathan Samuelson the Harris Balcombe LLP Partner responsible for complaints.
- Within eight weeks of the acknowledgement of complaint being sent a response will be sent to the complainant setting out the result of the review. This will be the “Final Response”.
- If the complaint is rejected the reasons why it has been rejected will be set out clearly in the Final Response.
- If the complaint is accepted in part or in full clear proposals will be provided setting out how the issues about which the complaint has been made will be resolved to the satisfaction of the complainant.
- Clear information will be provided in the Final Response as to what further recourse the complainant has open to it – including details of the Financial Ombudsmen Service together with their contact details and a copy of the “How to Complain to the Financial Ombudsmen Service” leaflet.