Uncovering the full extent of the damage flooding can cause to a property needs specialist knowledge, which is essential to making sure your home is safe to live in again.
Making an insurance claim after a flood
If your home is flooded, you will need to get in touch with your home insurance provider to let them know – make sure to keep a record of the times and dates that you contact them for future reference (either for you or for a loss assessor should you wish to get one involved).
Check your insurance policy
Depending on your insurance provider and policy, you will receive different levels of cover, so it’s important to check first. If your policy allows it, you may be entitled to getting your water damaged items replaced and professional cleaning services.
We’d recommend reading your policy thoroughly prior to contacting your isurance provider – this will also give you an indication of your insurance excess (the amount that you will need to pay should you make a claim).
Questions for your insurance provider
Once you call them to make a claim, your insurance provider should send over loss aduster who will assess the amount of damage to your home (note on this: they work for the insurance company – more on this here). When you call the insurance company make sure that they let you know how long it’ll be til a loss adjuster is sent over, whether they will help pay for and organise the cleaning of your property, who will be looking after the claim).
Why Use Us
Getting compensation from an insurance company is rarely easy, especially since insurers often pay claimants as little as possible.
Our team of specialists have a vast amount of experience dealing with flood damage insurance claims, so no matter what caused the flooding at your home, we can help.
We will help make things easier for you and ensure you get the proper compensation you need to restore your property – we work for you rather than the insurance provider.
See what our clients say
How We Will Help You
From the moment you contact us, we will be on hand to help whenever you need us. Our experienced team of professionals will:
- Organise emergency works, including pumping out water, to secure your property and protect it from further damage.
- Manage all correspondence with your insurer and their loss adjusters to make sure you get the settlement that you are entitled to, whether that’s reinstatement or cash.
- Prepare, present and negotiate your whole claim, including issues concerning the building, contents and alternative accommodation.
- Investigate the flooding thoroughly to identify the full impact it has had, including any damage that is not visible, so you won’t encounter problems in the long term.
- Help you choose and appoint specialist surveyors and contractors, so you can avoid the insurance companies’ suppliers.
- Supervise the entire restoration of your property to make sure everything necessary is done properly and there are no surprises.
- Arrange appropriate like-for-like alternative accommodation for you and your family.
- Ensure disaster cleaning companies do a safe and thorough job to give you peace of mind when the claim is finished.