Even a minor flood can have a big impact on your business and can be hard to recover from.
Unfortunately, dealing with an insurance claim is only likely to compound the stress you are under and could lead to a long drawn out process that doesn’t get you the result you were hoping for.
Why Use Us?
The moment you make a claim, your insurers will work with experts like building surveyors to find a reason to minimise how much they pay you. They will appoint loss adjusters who will scrutinise your policy to find any way you may not have complied with it.
The vast amount of expertise and resources at their disposal can leave you feeling vulnerable which is why using our team of professionals is invaluable.
As the UK’s most experienced team of insurance consultants we have what it takes to deal with complex business claims. We will give you the best possible chance of getting a fair settlement.
See what our clients say
How We Will Help You
Our team of experienced in-house experts will make sure every aspect of your insurance claim is dealt with professionally and thoroughly. They will use their skills to:
- Organise emergency works to secure your property and repair any damage to it.
- Manage contractors working on your property and arrange high quality clean-up services at a fair price.
- Co-ordinate your insurer and their loss adjusters, making sure you get the settlement you are entitled to, whether that’s reinstatement or cash. They will think outside the box and present you with all the possible options.
- Deal with all aspects of preparing, presenting and negotiating your claim.
- Scrutinise your policy wording and advise you on any issues which may affect liability, such as compliance with warranties and conditions.
- Get insurers to accept liability as soon as possible, so we can arrange interim payments to maintain your cash flow.
- Demonstrate the economic viability of ‘increased costs of working’ coverage.
- Identify items loss adjusters would not point out like retrospective discounting and promotions.
- Investigate the full extent of the damage, including any invisible impact, so you don’t face more problems in the future. To do this, they will thoroughly investigate the source of the flooding and any possible contamination.
- Help you choose and appoint specialist surveyors if external assistance is needed, so you can avoid the insurance companies’ supply chains, since they won’t work in your best interests. We’ll even supervise these parties throughout the project, so everything is looked after for you and there are no surprises.
- Appoint our qualified loss assessors to handle your stock, contents and other material losses.
- Appoint our chartered surveyors to quantify the impact on the building itself and our chartered accountants to put together your business interruption claim.
We chose well
More case studies
We needed professional help with our claim recovery. We had offers from several claims recovery companies, but chose Harris Balcombe. We chose well. The professionalism, excellent communications and great tenacity have helped us to recover the money we required.