Product recalls can affect your reputation and potentially cause long term damage to your business.
Dealing with the ensuing regulatory issues, while working out what went wrong, can be stressful, particularly when you’re also trying to manage your insurance claim.
Why Use Us
Our team of insurance specialists will help minimise the disruption to your business by handling your claim for you.
We have extensive experience in dealing with challenging product recall claims cases for industries such as food manufacturing and distribution, pharmaceuticals and automotive engineering.
Unlike insurers, we will advise you on the best position to take in order to get everything you are entitled to. Our knowledge and experience can make a significant difference to the settlement you receive.
We can identify the parts of your policy that protect you against various setbacks. For example, it is common for major grocery retail chains to charge suppliers for costs incurred by the recall of their goods, such as removing products from shelves and the associated admin. If the insurer declines these charges, it is likely that the policyholder will lose their customer. Our experts may be able to argue that these charges should be covered by the product rehabilitation term found in many policies because they will impact the business if they are not paid.
See what our clients say
How We Can Help You
When you appoint us, we will act on your behalf throughout the insurance claim process, including attending any necessary meetings. We will:
- Prepare, present and negotiate your claim.
- Co-ordinate your insurer and their loss adjuster to make sure you get everything you are entitled to.
- Scrutinise your policy wording and advise you on any issues that may affect liability, such as compliance with warranties and conditions.
- Work as part of your crisis management team and take part in practice runs to test that your crisis plans are effective and realistic.
- Examine your policy and prove that you have complied with conditions, so your insurance company accepts liability quickly.
- Work with clients to pursue relevant third parties, such as suppliers who may have provided a defective good, to make sure that the excess and other uninsured elements of the claim are covered.
We would have no hesitation in picking up the phone and calling on your expertise
More case studies
Should we be faced with a major loss in the future, we would have no hesitation in picking up the phone and calling on your expertise.